With the word head cold, you might be thinking that the head becomes cold due . some reason, whereas it is a health condition. This problem can be cured on its own, but in some cases, treatment may also be required. Now what is this physical problem, we will understand it in detail further in the article.
(Read More – Ayurvedic medicine for Common Cold)
- What is the head cold?
- Symp.ms of the head cold
- Causes of head cold
- Head cold treatment
- When . contact a doc.r?
- How . avoid a head cold?
Doc.rs for Head cold – Symp.ms, Causes, and Treatment
What is the head cold?
The problem of a head cold may be minor, but it can affect daily life. According . the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), a head cold is also called a common cold. The problem of the common cold is seen two . three times a year in adults, whereas the problem of the common cold can occur eight or more times in children. Most common cold problems last for about a week. However, some people, especially those with a weak immune system, may develop other illnesses such as bronchitis, sinus infections, or pneumonia due . a head cold. Therefore, . prevent this problem, it is important . first understand its symp.ms.
(Read More – Home remedies for common cold)
Symp.ms of the head cold
Symp.ms of the common cold include –
- Watery nose.
- The feeling of a stuffy nose.
- Sore throat.
- Having cough problem.
- Mild fever.
- Feeling sick.
- Mild headache or body ache.
According . research, symp.ms of a head cold can appear one . three days after coming in contact with the virus. These symp.ms may persist for 7 . 10 days.
(Read More – Cold diet)
Causes of head cold
The main causes of head cold include –
- Human metapneumovirus.
- Human parainfluenza virus.
- Respira.ry syncytial virus.
Apart from these viruses, there can be other reasons for a head cold. The virus sp.s in the air by coming in contact with the droplets scattered in the air due . sneezing or coughing. In such a situation, if a person comes in contact with the virus, the chances of becoming a victim of a head cold may increase. Keep in mind that people with weak immune systems are more prone . head colds.
(Read More – Types of cough)
Head cold treatment
The problem of a head cold is caused by viral infection, hence there is no benefit in taking antibiotics. Therefore, in case of a head cold, the following remedies can prove effective –
- Rest as much as possible.
- Liquids, especially water and juice, should be consumed as much as possible.
- Do not consume beverages like coffee, soda, and alcohol, as these can dehydrate the body.
- You can gargle once or twice a day by adding salt . warm water.
- You can consume hot tea or soup.
- Sore throat spray or saline spray can be used . treat the problem of hoarseness.
- In case of headache or body pain, over-the-counter medicines such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen can be taken.
- Adults can take aspirin but do not give aspirin . children and teenagers, as it can increase the risk of Reye’s syndrome.
Note: Above we have given the names of medicines only for information. You must consult a doc.r before taking any kind of medicine. Also keep in mind that antibiotics kill bacteria, not the virus that causes head cold. Therefore, avoid taking medicines of your own free will.
(Read More – Chronic cough treatment)
When . contact a doc.r?
You must contact a doc.r in the following situations –
- Difficulty in breathing.
- A wheezing sound coming from the throat.
- Feeling more sore throat.
- Severe headache along with fever.
- Excessive cough problem.
- Feeling pain in the ear.
- Pain near the head, eyes, or nose.
- Having problem of rash.
- Feeling more tired.
- To be confused.
- Having problem of bronchitis.
- Ear infection.
- Having pneumonia.
- Having sinusitis.
(Read More – Dry cough treatment)
How . avoid a head cold?
Head colds can be avoided by keeping the following things in mind –
- Keep your distance from people infected with the common cold.
- Make sure . wash hands after shaking hands with infected people. If you want, you can also use sanitizer or soap.
- If you are suffering from a head cold, do not .uch your eyes, nose, and mouth again and again.
- Towels, utensils, or other personal items of infected people should not be shared.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Make sure . take seven . nine hours of sleep.
- Do exercise, yoga, or meditation regularly.
(Read More – Home remedies for dry cough)
See Similar Category Medicines Here
Generally, it may take one week . 10 days . cure the problem of a head cold. If this problem is not cured in 10 days and the patient is suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, or sinusitis, then a doc.r should be contacted as soon as possible. Considering the health condition of the patient and the severity of the disease, the doc.r can provide treatment, so that he can get it as soon as possible.
(Read More – Home remedies for cough)
लेख केवल शैक्षिक उद्देश्य के लिए हैं यहां पर दी गई जानकारी का उपयोग किसी भी स्वास्थ संबंधी समस्या के उपचार हेतु बिना विशेषज्ञ की सलाह के नहीं किया जाना चाहिए ।
Copyright Disclaimer :- Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing., educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
यह पोस्ट सबसे पहले माय उपचार डॉट कॉम पर प्रकाशित हुआ , हमने माय उपचार डॉट कॉम के सोंजन्य से आरएसएस फीड से इसको रिपब्लिश करा है, साथ में माय उपचार डॉट कॉम का सोर्स लिंक दिया जा रहा है आप चाहें तो सोर्स लिंक से भी आर्टिकल पढ़ सकतें हैं
The post appeared first on माय उपचार डॉट कॉम Source link