Meta has officially launched its channels feature in India—allowing users to receive direct updates and information on WhatsApp by following the channels of entities that interest them. The channels feature not only allows users to send images but also enables channel owners to send links to information, as well as media such as photos and videos.
However, at the moment, not everything is clear regarding how to follow channels and when the feature will roll out for all users.
Before we explain how to follow a channel, let’s discuss when everyone will get access to this feature. According to WhatsApp, the feature is already rolling out for WhatsApp users but is not yet available to everyone just yet. This means it’s a staged rollout, and everyone should receive it sooner rather than later. Users can also join a waitlist provided by the company.
Here’s How to Follow WhatsApp Channels:
- First, update your WhatsApp to the latest available version.
- Next, open the WhatsApp app and look for a new ‘Updates’ tab. Click on it.
- Tap on ‘Find Channel.’
- You can select the channel you’d like to follow from multiple categories such as news, culture, and more.
- Alternatively, you may search for specific channels using the search option.
- Once you have found the desired channel, tap the ‘Follow’ button.
How To Unfollow WhatsApp Channels:
- Open the channel you would like to unfollow from the Updates tab.
- Open the three dotted menu.
- Select unfollow and confirm.